Hi, I’m Ike. I use expertise in design, business and finance to help grow companies. I have a double Masters degree in Global Innovation Design from the Royal College of Art and Imperial College London and a Bachelors in Chemical Engineering and Chemistry.
4 years ago, I left a successful career in banking to explore why some startups succeed and others don’t. My journey took me from London to New York to Tokyo and back to London.
I discovered the power of design and perfected the art of executing businesses ideas. I have led design sprints, managed multi-disciplinary design teams and helped entrepreneurs grow their companies from idea to £million turnovers.
Now I spend my days working with Virgin Startup helping entrepreneurs better businesses, giving them startup loans to get going [hint: less is more here] and advising them when they hit roadblocks.
I have a knack for helping first-time entreprenuers articulate their their business vision and help them turn those visions into simple, executable steps. Theory is great, but real-life is better. So I practice what I preach in my own startups: NotesParty.com and NotesBeauty.com
What you won’t learn from my bio:
- I am a professional Googler and full-time internet surfer.
- My first business was a jewelry company started in my university dorm room aged 19
- I was fortunate to sell that business 4 years later when I graduated
- I’m obsessed with everything Japanese even though I only lived there for 8 months
- I own two bikes. One in London and the other in Lancaster
- My ultimate travel goal is to go kayaking and camping in Antarctica
- I only keep my Netflix subscription because my nephew would be inconsolable
If you are you are a solo founder and want a support network that will help you grow your business, join my Round Table.
If you are new to entprenuership and need help finding your feet, head to Virgin Startup, you’ll be in safe hands.
If you would like me to speak at an event, do get in-touch here.
And if you are just here browsing, check out my insights and have a great day!