Hi, I’m Ike. A designer and strategist that helps people grow businesses.
4 years ago, I left a successful career in banking to learn how to explore why some startups succeed and others don’t My journey took me from London to New York to Tokyo and back to London. I discovered the power of design and learned to identify weak signals to help businesses grow their profits. I also developed the highly valuable skill – how to execute new ideas in real life. I have since led design sprints and managed multi-disciplinary design teams.
Now I spend my days working with Virgin Startup helping entrepreneurs build better businesses, giving them startup loans to get going [hint: less is more here] and advising them when they hit roadblocks.
I have a knack for helping first-time entreprenuers articulate their their business vision and help them turn those visions into simple, executable steps. Theory is great, but real-life is better. So I practice what I preach in my own startups: NotesParty.com and NotesBeauty.com
What you won’t learn from my bio:
- I am a professional Googler and full-time internet surfer.
- My first business was a jewelry company started in my university dorm room aged 19
- I was fortunate to sell that business 4 years later when I graduated
- I’m obsessed with everything Japanese even though I only lived there for 8 months
- I own two bikes. One in London and the other in Lancaster
- My ultimate travel goal is to go kayaking and camping in Antarctica
- I only keep my Netflix subscription because my nephew would be inconsolable
If you are you are a solo founder and want a support network that will help you grow your business, join my Round Table.
If you are new to entprenuership and need help finding your feet, head to Virgin Startup, you’ll be in safe hands.
And if you are just here browsing, check out my insights and have a great day!